GECELCA owns, operates, and maintains four thermal generation units, two in the TERMOGUAJIRA Power Plant, with a capacity of 290 (MW), and two in the GECELCA 3 Power Plant, with a capacity of 437 (MW), for a total installed capacity of 727 megawatts.
GECECELA has a 42.5% shareholding interest in the company
TERMOBARRANQUILLA S.A E.S.P., owner of the TEBSA Power Plant, with a capacity of 911 MW.
TERMOGUAJIRA POWER PLANT
- The power plant uses coal as the main fuel for its operation and natural gas as secondary fuel and support for the start-up of the units.
- It has a Distributed Control System (DCS) to monitor the safe and reliable operation of the units.
GECELCA 3 THERMAL POWER PLANT
- GECELCA 3 is the first power plant in Colombia to use fluidized-bed boilers, which allows using a natural resource such as non-exportable coal from the department of Córdoba, encouraging the sustainable and formal development of the mining industry.
- Fluidized-bed boilers have the advantage of reducing sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
- The units have an online remote monitoring system to track the processes from inside and outside the plant.